Smoked Salmon with Scallion Cream Cheese Mini Toasts
This recipe is very easy to pull together and yet makes such an elegant looking appetizer or brunch dish featuring a wonderful blend of flavors.
Total cook time
- O Organics® Bake at Home Multigrain Batard
- O Organics® Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Lucerne® Neufchatel cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 6 dashes Signature SELECT™ Chili Sauce
- 3 ounces Waterfront Bistro® Smoked Salmon, thinly sliced
- 3 thin slices red onion
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut 10 slices off the multigrain Batard (about 1/3-inch thick) and lightly coat both sides with cooking spray. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and toast the slices until golden (about 10 minutes).
While bread is toasting, combine cream cheese, scallion, dill, capers, and chili sauce in food processor or small mixing bowl. Process or beat until the cheese is fluffy, stopping the machine from time to time to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on the toasts and top each with slices of the salmon and thinly sliced onion. Garnish the toasts with a sprig of fresh dill if desired. Serve immediately or cover and hold in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.