Waffled Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich
You can make the waffles ahead of time and then just pop them in the toaster before assembling these deliciously unique sandwiches!
Total cook time
"Tastes Like Stuffing” Waffles
- 3/4 cup white (or regular) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg or 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (white and part of green)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Lucerne® Light Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup O Organics® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 6 ounces (or more) In-Store Roasted Turkey Breast, thickly sliced
Heat your Belgium waffle iron (or regular waffle iron) to high heat. In medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients).
In large mixing bowl, combine canola oil, buttermilk, egg, green onions, and parmesan cheese, beating on medium-low speed. Reduce to lowest speed and pour in the dry ingredients, beating just until combined.
Coat waffle iron with canola oil cooking spray and spoon 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the waffle iron. Cook waffle until desired crispiness and brown color.
Repeat Step #3 with remaining batter. While waffles are cooking, you can grill turkey breast slices in a non-stick skillet, coated lightly with extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray.
To assemble sandwiches, break waffles in half and place turkey slices on top of the bottom half. Spoon cranberry sauce over turkey and spread light cream cheese on the inside of the top half of the waffle. Place the waffle halves together to make a sandwich and enjoy.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.