Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Make this Russian-inspired favorite the easy way—in the slow cooker. The creamy beef and mushroom stew tastes great over egg noodles.
4 hour, 45 mins
Total cook time
- 1½ pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes,
- 1 14-ounce package white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered,
- 2 onions, finely chopped,
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste,
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth,
- ½ cup white wine,
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce, , divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream,
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch,
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper,
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles (optional),
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional),
Combine beef, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, broth, wine and 3 tablespoons soy sauce in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 6 hours or until beef is tender.
In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper; whisk into the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Serve over egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.