Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef and Black Bean Chili
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus red and green bell peppers add just the right amount of spice to this smoky slow cooker chili.
6 hour, 15 mins
Total cook time
- 1 large onion, chopped,
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped,
- 1 green bell pepper, diced,
- 1 red bell pepper, diced,
- 1½ pounds ground beef chuck,
- 2 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes,
- 3 tablespoons chili powder,
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste,
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin,
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped,
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed,
- Tortilla chips and sour cream (optional),
Coat the bowl of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion, garlic, green pepper, red pepper and ground beef in bottom of slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, chili powder, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, salt and chipotle peppers. Pour over ground beef.
Cover and cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 8 hours. Stir in beans during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Serve with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream, if desired.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.