Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
These super lean sliders taste amazing! The umami flavor of the mushrooms complements the sweetness of the pineapple beautifully. You’ll love the additional savory taste of the turkey and teriyaki glaze. Make a batch and freeze some of the sliders for a quick weekday meal or easy appetizer at your next party.
Total cook time
- 8 oz sliced Signature Farms® mushrooms (about 4 cups) (finely chopped by hand or with a food processor)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits (drained of any juice)
- 1 lb Open Nature® ground turkey (7% fat)
- 2 Tbs Signature Farms® minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions or scallions (white and part of green)
- 1 Tbs minced ginger (available in jars in the produce section)
- 1 Tbs Signature SELECT™ canola oil
- 1/4 cup Signature SELECT™ teriyaki sauce
- 24 O Organics® living butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion strips or pieces
- 24 small fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mushrooms, pineapple, ground turkey, garlic, green onions and ginger until well blended.
Start heating a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spread with canola oil. Use a cookie scoop to form 1/8 cup of the mixture, add to pan, pressing down gently with clean hands to form a slider-sized patty. Repeat until the skillet is full.
When underside is nicely brown, about 3-4 minutes, flip the sliders over to brown the other side. Check after about 3 minutes; the sliders should be cooked throughout.
Meanwhile, create a teriyaki glaze by adding the teriyaki sauce to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Continue to let it gently boil until its reduced to about half the original amount (2 tablespoons).
Serve the teriyaki turkey sliders on a butter lettuce leaf drizzled with teriyaki glaze and sprinkled with red onion strips, then topped with a small piece of pineapple.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.