Cheesy Tortilla Chip Casserole
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red sals
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups Mexican cheese, shredded and divided
- 14 ounces nacho cheese tortilla chips, crushed into slightly smaller pieces
- Garnish with tomato, lettuce, cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced olives and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9” x 13” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ground beef (or turkey), onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large skillet until meat is fully cooked. Drain fat from the skillet.
- Add both salsas, taco seasoning and chicken stock. Allow the mix to cook for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the liquid evaporates and thickens. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine meat mixture, sour cream, black beans, cream of mushroom and half of the cheese.
- Add 2 cups of tortilla chips to the greased casserole dish then top with half of the meat mixture. Repeat process for a second layer then add another 2 cups of tortilla chips. Top with 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Cover with non-stick foil, bake for 30 minutes and remove the foil. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake uncovered until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then garnish and serve.
Pomegranate Honey Wings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 pounds chicken wings, disjointed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: Pomegranate seeds, green onions, and herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together pomegranate juice, honey, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow mixture to reduce to 1/2 or until thickened.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly season both sides of wings with salt and pepper. Whisk together garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle mixture on wings.
- Bake 16 - 20 minutes or until clear juices run out of the wings. Baste or dip each wing in the pomegranate sauce and bake until sticky and golden brown for another 6 - 10 minutes (watch them carefully). If there is enough sauce left, you can always double baste for extra flavor.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, green onions, and herbs if desired and serve.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- White bread slices
- Butter, room temperature
- Lots of mozzarella cheese slices
- Pepperoni slices
- Basil, optional
- Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce for serving and dipping
- Set oven to broil.
- Grab two slices of bread. Spread butter on one side of each slice.
- Flip over buttered slices. Top one slice with a handful of cheese and top with the other slice, butter side up.
- Heat up a griddle or frying pan. Cook your grilled cheese on both sides until golden brown and the cheese is melting.
- Add another slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the sandwich. Add pepperoni and basil and bake in the oven until the cheese is melting. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with additional pizza sauce!